Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Your "Some Day" Will Come

Something that has been on my mind recently is that people can be so miserable all around us and they don't quite know how to solve it. We all go through trials throughout our lives that will weigh us down, tear us up, and damage our spirituality. Tough as it may be to see, these trials can always be for our good. Looking at these trials in a beneficial way is how you can overcome all trials, both current and future.

God gives no commandment unto us, His children, that he knows we can't accomplish. As we do these commandments, He promises us that He "doth immediately bless you" for keeping His commandments (Mosiah 2:24). Though you may not see it right away, God's promises are absolute and true. Do you want to be happy? Do you want to be blessed? Obey the commandments.

Service is a special opportunity to uplift one another, including yourself. Scientists have researched the impact of service on the human brain. They found that those who do the service find themselves to be happier than those who have received the service. I know (because I have experienced it) that the evidence that those scientists have found is true. I know that by doing service, you will focus less on yourself, be happier overall, and fulfill the promise that "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God" (Mosiah 2:17).

Another thing you can do is pray. Prayer is the way you can communicate with our Heavenly Father. He is going to listen to you no matter your situation or even where you are. He will always be there to listen. As you pray, you can pray for the peace to get through any trial. Christ said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27). Praying specifically for peace, and having the faith to receive it, will let you feel of that peace.

Though there may be many more things that can be done to come out of our trials with an uplifted spirit, we can always know that we are the children of a loving Heavenly Father. An Apostle of the Lord, Deiter F. Uchtdorf, said, "He loves us with an infinite love. He wants the best for you." As soon as you really learn and realize this, you can start to feel of His love in your everyday life. I bear witness of this and I know it to be true. I know because I have lived it. I invite all of you to live in His love, and I know he will bless you tremendously.

1 comment:

  1. Good subject! This subject would be great in a large discussion group.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, there are hidden links in the titles of each post. Check them out! Also, don't forget to visit Mormon.org or LDS.org for more information or details if you have any questions, or you can just message me on Facebook.