Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'd Like To Bear My Testimony...

I just wanted to share and bear my testimony on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how it's affected my life up to this point. Hopefully what I say may influence others to both come unto Christ and to share what they've learned while doing so.

I know that Jesus Christ is the very Son of God. He is our Savior, our Redeemer, our Advocate with our Heavenly Father, our Counselor, our Friend, and our Brother. He loves us with an infinite love, so much so that he was willing to take upon Himself the sickness, pains, and sins of all the world. He was willing to die for us. He was willing to be a wonderful example to all the world. I love Him and I owe my life to Him. I would not be out here on a mission, being a representative of Him, if I didn't KNOW that He was The Christ. I know He was raised from the grave, and I know he directs this church that he set up from On High.

I have a love and a testimony of the Prophet, Joseph Smith. I know that with him saying a simple but powerful prayer, it gave birth to a whole new dispensation, The Dispensation of the Fullness of Times that was prophesied by Isaiah, Danial, Malachi, Paul, John, and others. I have a testimony that through Joseph Smith, we have received more truth than ever before, truth that would have been unknown to the world. I know that when Joseph Smith died, the church did not die as the Lord had promised. The persecutors of the church tried everything they could to stop this wonderful work from progressing, but God's purpose, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man, was not going to be stopped by anyone. I know that through a continuing succession of authority, Prophets are still called by God to help direct His work.

I know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. I know that, just like the Bible, it was an inspired book that was written by Prophets from the American continent. I know that Joseph Smith did not write it, but he translated it. I know that the Book of Mormon is the keystone of this church's religion, structure, and Gospel. I know that if you want to know if this is the true church, all you have to do is read, search, ponder, and pray about the Book of Mormon and you will receive an answer that it is by the Holy Ghost. I have received such an answer. I know that the Book of Mormon has been attacked, deconstructed, and has been torn apart by almost every religious sect around the world. It stands next to the Bible as a witness to the world that Jesus is the Christ, that He lives, and that He loves us. I know that the Book of Mormon is true.

I love this church. It has brought more happiness into my life than I have ever felt before. I wasn't always sure I would go on a mission, but I know that I am a lot happier because of my decision to do so. I love this work. I love the Lord, and in Him will my soul delight. I love my family and I know that through this wonderful Gospel, and through the Plan of Happiness that our Father in Heaven has set up for us, we can live in peace, knowing where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I bear witness that these things are true. I am a representative of the Lord, Jesus Christ, Himself. I KNOW these things are true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, there are hidden links in the titles of each post. Check them out! Also, don't forget to visit Mormon.org or LDS.org for more information or details if you have any questions, or you can just message me on Facebook.